CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
Monte Calvo, the highest peak of the Gargano, is located in the western part of Gargano, a few km northwest by the municipality of San Giovanni Rotondo. On its top, you experience the most impressive karst formations and extended the entire Gargano.
The route passes through different types of environments. After leaving the car on a highway rest area 43, between San Giovanni Rotondo, Cagnano Varano 10.3 km, the trail begins through a forest of oak and hornbeam mesophile. Leaving the woods you will come to an elevated and open area with a beautiful view of the Lake and the northern coast of the Gargano. It continues through a path between the rocks, Holm oak groves and clearings as long as the climb begins on bald mountain, the highest mountain in the Gargano (1056 m), almost devoid of trees and shrubs, except those within the many giant sinkholes that characterize its peak and which are the most typical result of karstic processes that has covered nearly all the Gargano promontory.
Distance: 18 Km/R
Tour duration: 5 hours
Difference in altitude: 308 m
Degree of difficulty: Touristic
The price is per group of participants (not per person).
from March to December
Things to remember
Clothing to wear for this hike should be comfortable and appropriate for the current season. In particular, a so-called "onion" clothing allows you to cover you in case of cold and discover when the temperatures rise. Always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites and thorns of the bushes. The colors of the clothes should never be too gaudy, but similar to the colors of the environment you are pursuing. Always wear shoes and socks hiking boots are required for a comfortable and safe driving. Always carry water. I also recommend a good hiking backpack, telescopic poles, caps and sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, binoculars, garbage bag, sandwiches, snacks or dried fruit. To avoid salty foods, alcohol and smoking. The council finally to bring drugs in case you are suffering from allergies or intolerance to various substances.
San Giovanni Rotondo
50% up to 2 days from date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail email@example.com or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.
- If some information is unclear write to firstname.lastname@example.org