Terra di Bari
The most beautiful beaches of Terra of Bari
The Apulian coast begins south of Manfredonia, called the Gargano door and known for the oasis Salso Lake, and ends in Monopoli, where there are the most beautiful beaches of Terra of Bari, concentrated in Capitolo, famous for being, even , the center of nightlife in the summer. Awarded many times with the blue flag, in particular for the Lido beaches Red, Castle of Santo Stefano and Capitolo, Monopoli is 13 kilometers long and sandy beaches, secluded coves and blue or sea green. The free beaches alternate with many organized bathing beaches and well-equipped with a bar, nightclub, dining facilities, cabins, sun beds, umbrellas and areas dedicated to entertainment and sport: Le Dune, Lido Egnazia, Lido Sabbia d’Oro, Lido Le Macchie, Lido Marina Grande, Pellerossa.
At 15 minutes from Monopoli, lies the beautiful Polignano a Mare with "Cala Porto" also known as "Beach Lama Monachile", the name of the bridge you must cross to reach it, one of the most attractive sights of Puglia, blue-green crystal clear sea and white pebbles.
And if you love diving the Grottone beach is for you, accessible from the Promenade Domenico Modugno where the great singer statue is located. Here was held the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series 2015, the world championship of dives with 55 thousand spectators flocked to witness awaited Italian stage.
The tourist destinations and the villages of Terra of bari
- Old Bari with the Basilica of St. Nicholas, a masterpiece of Apulian Romanesque architecture, the Cathedral of San Sabino and the Castello Svevo-Nomanno reached from Mercantile Square through narrow streets and twisted and narrow streets, picturesque views and mansions; Ferrarese Square from where you can see a wonderful sea view; Piccinni and Petruzzelli theater, the largest private theater of Europe. And finally the seafront, the longest in Italy, about 40 km to the magnificent palaces of the Province and the Provincial Art Gallery.
- Altamura with the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and the Pulo of Altamura, one of the most famous sinkholes of the Alta Murgia National Park
- Barletta with ancient buildings, the Cathedral, the "Colossus" an imposing bronze statue almost 5m high, representing a Byzantine emperor and the Winery of the Disfida of Barletta
- Canne della Battaglia famous for the famous Battle of Canne and of great archaeological interest
- Castel del Monte one of the most famous monuments in the world, UNESCO heritage, steeped in mystery and charm
- Trani also known as "the pearl of the Adriatic" is famous for the Cathedral of St. Nicholas the Pilgrim, which stands isolated, sea and built with the typical stone of Trani.
- Famous for their cathedrals and the beauty of their territory are also Bitonto, Molfetta, Bisceglie, Ruvo di Puglia, Conversano, Rutigliano, Gravina di Puglia and finally, Castellana known for the most important karst complex in Italy, and Putignano for the most famous Carnival in Apulia
Typical products of Terra of Bari
- Altamura DOP bread
- Moscato di Trani
- Tiella alla barese, potatoes, rice and mussels
- Sgagliozze, namely slices of fried polenta
- Focaccia alla barese
- Calzone with onions
- Taralli e friselle
- Le orecchiette with turnip tops
- Beans and chicory
- The extra virgin olive oil Terra of Bari DOP
- Le brasciole o or chops cooked in sauce, emblem of the Sunday lunch
- Urchins, octopus and stuffed mussels
- Il pallone di Gravina
- and as sweet we have cartellate, sasanelli, bocconotto, scarcella and zeppola.