Monte Sant'Angelo: trekking Pulsano Hermitages
CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
The Abbey of Madonna di Pulsano is situated 9 km west of the town of Monte Sant'Angelo, on a terrace surrounded by rocky and arid valleys that are perched in the caves used by hermits (24) and pilgrims as a refuge and a place to isolate themselves and pray but also work and cultivate the surrounding land.
The trail is reachable by car after crossing a stretch of the road from Monte Sant'Angelo leads to the Abbey of our Madonna di Pulsano. On a paved road to the right goes up North where they meet a series of large pylons, and left down toward the Cup, Pint, then turn left onto the latter and after about 2 km you park the car at a farm located to the right of the paved road just traveled. The trail is marked by patches of red paint on the rocks and develops between the terraces and stone walls now almost all abandoned, typical of valleys surrounding the town of Monte Sant'Angelo. Drove down into the Valley, climb the Bell Tower to your right that leads to the Hermitage Studio and a hundred metres further South climbs on the path carved into the rock to reach the Hermitage mill, one of the largest monasteries in the Valley. While the left side you can visit the Hermitage Mandre.
Tour duration: 2 hours return
Height difference: 300 m
Degree of difficulty: Hiking
The price is per group of participants (not per person).
from June to December
Things to remember
Clothing to wear for this hike should be comfortable and appropriate for the current season. In particular, a so-called "onion" clothing allows you to cover you in case of cold and discover when the temperatures rise. Always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites and thorns of the bushes. The colors of the clothes should never be too gaudy, but similar to the colors of the environment you are pursuing. Always wear shoes and socks hiking boots are required for a comfortable and safe driving. Always carry water. I also recommend a good hiking backpack, telescopic poles, caps and sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, binoculars, garbage bag, sandwiches, snacks or dried fruit. To avoid salty foods, alcohol and smoking. The council finally to bring drugs in case you are suffering from allergies or intolerance to various substances.
50% up to 2 days from date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail email@example.com or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.
- If some information is unclear write to firstname.lastname@example.org