CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
- Explore the archaeological remains of the ancient Roman city of Canne della Battaglia
- Learn the tactics of war that allowed the Carthaginians to win the battle
- Visit the necropolis and museum " Antiquarium "
Guided tour to the archaeological excavations of the citadel of the Battle of Cannae famous for the biggest battle of the Second Punic War, fought between the Romans and Carthaginians in the current agro city of Barletta, in Puglia in the Ofanto river, between about 86,000 and about Romans 50,000 Carthaginians.
The battle was won by the Carthaginians led by Hannibal, one of the greatest leaders in history and is one of the best examples of tactical encirclement full of military history and an unparalleled model of total victory. In this battle he perished in fact a large number of Romans (55,000 according to Livy, Polybius 70,000 seconds).
Besides the remains of the citadel we will visit the Roman necropolis and the Antiquarian documenting human settlements in the territory of the prehistoric, classical, Apulian-Greek and Medieval. It also has a rich collection of vases dauno peucezi-painted with geometric designs dating back to the IV-III century BC, from the cemeteries of Canne
The price is per person
all year ( except bank holidays )
Things to remember
Clothing to wear for this hike should be comfortable and appropriate for the current season. In particular, a so-called "onion" clothing allows you to cover you in case of cold and discover when the temperatures rise. Always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites and thorns of the bushes. The colors of the clothes should never be too gaudy, but similar to the colors of the environment you are pursuing. Always wear shoes and socks hiking boots are required for a comfortable and safe driving. Always carry water. I also recommend a good hiking backpack, telescopic poles, caps and sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, binoculars, garbage bag, sandwiches, snacks or dried fruit. To avoid salty foods, alcohol and smoking. The council finally to bring drugs in case you are suffering from allergies or intolerance to various substances.
Tour guide certified by the Region of Puglia
Transfer service by car / minibus Possibility of transfers to and from the port and / or Bari airport by car / minibus on request
20 % to 4 days from the date booked
100 % within three days of the date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail email@example.com or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.