CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
- Discover , in a 3-hour tour , the medieval town of Barletta , in Apulia , called the city of the "Challenge " because of the duel that took place between 13 and 13 French knights knights Italians in the sixteenth century .
- Explore the medieval castle of Barletta
- Visit the " Winery of the Challenge ," where fù launched the gauntlet between Italian and French
- Discover the historic Old Town and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore , the most important church in the city
The guided tour of Barletta begins with the medieval castle of the eleventh century, founded by the Normans and enlarged by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. Among the various sculptures and bas-reliefs kept in the castle, you can also see the bust of the emperor Hohenstaufen Frederick II of Swabia in local limestone, dating to the twelfth century.
After the castle tour continues with a visit to the cellar of the Challenge, called House of Poison. Here fù launched the gauntlet from 13 French knights in 13 Italian riders in 1503, the clash that occurred regularly in the territory of the nearby Trani and saw the victorious Italians. The stroll continues with the discovery of the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta of the twelfth century, you'll discover how the first part of the sacred building was built in Romanesque style while the apse has felt the influence of the Gothic style of the fourteenth century.
Opportunity to also visit the early Christian church in the basement. The tour ends with a visit outside of the building in baroque art "Della Marra", which contains a permanent exhibition of the Impressionist painter Giuseppe De Nittis and the giant bronze called "Heraclius", the depiction of Emperor Theodosius II.
The price is per person
all year ( except bank holidays )
Tour guide certified by the Region of Puglia
Ticket + Cantinaa Castle : 6 euro ( 3 euro reduced )
Ticket Pinacoteca De Nittis ( optional tour ) : 6 EUR
Transfer service by car / minibus Possibility of transfers to and from the port and / or Bari airport by car / minibus on request
20 % to 4 days from the date booked
100 % within three days of the date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail email@example.com or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
Book your excursion in Puglia is simple:
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.
- If you cancel a booking between 3 and 0 days before the date of the tour booked, or if you do not participate in the tour, you are obliged to pay full price
- If some information is unclear write to firstname.lastname@example.org