Mattinata: excursion to Monte Sacro
CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
Il Monte Sacro is the highest peak of Eastern Gargano (874 m), located a few kilometres north of the town of Mattinata. Almost the top, hidden among the thick ilex trees covering its slopes, are hidden the majestic and extensive remains of the Abbey of the Holy Trinity, built between the 9th and 13th centuries, whose territorial and economic influence stretched, during the middle ages, in various municipalities of capitanata and surroundings.
In the territory of Mattinata, after leaving the old Highway 89 to Vieste, take a left on the farm of the same name. Just before the farm you park the car on the left side of the road. The route starts in the middle of a meadow is crossed by a stone outcropping field, surface Karst process residues. Through this field begins the climb in a dense ilex trees that covers almost the entire mountain. At the end of the path the effort is rewarded by the sight of the majestic remains of the Abbey of the Holy Trinity.
Distance: 1.5 km
Tour duration: 3 hours roundtrip
Elevation difference: 350 m
Degree of difficulty: touristic
The price is per group of participants (not per person).
from March to December
Things to remember
Clothing to wear for this hike should be comfortable and appropriate for the current season. In particular, a so-called "onion" clothing allows you to cover you in case of cold and discover when the temperatures rise. Always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts to avoid insect bites and thorns of the bushes. The colors of the clothes should never be too gaudy, but similar to the colors of the environment you are pursuing. Always wear shoes and socks hiking boots are required for a comfortable and safe driving. Always carry water. I also recommend a good hiking backpack, telescopic poles, caps and sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, binoculars, garbage bag, sandwiches, snacks or dried fruit. To avoid salty foods, alcohol and smoking. The council finally to bring drugs in case you are suffering from allergies or intolerance to various substances.
50% up to 2 days from date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
Book your excursion in Puglia is simple:
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.
- If you cancel a booking between 3 and 0 days before the date of the tour booked, or if you do not participate in the tour, you are obliged to pay full price
- If some information is unclear write to email@example.com