Torre Vado: two-hours boat trip to Santa Maria di Leuca
CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
2 HOURS EXCURSION
Starting from the Port of Torre Vado the part towards Leuca begins.
At the exit of the port you will see how the landscape goes away changing towards the Leuca, leaving the sandy beach to find the low rocks that go on growing up.
Passing through the Marina of San Gregorio it slows down to show the splendid villa, once a coastal tower, rich in history, where in the Messapian age there was a small but important port.
After passing the Felloniche marina, the last small stretch of sand on the Ionic side, you reach the first cave, Grotta del Drago.
Entering with the boat are made to see my details are made from iron, copper and zinc minerals.
Passing through Punta Marchieddhu, where the ruins of a tower rise, you reach the small gulf that contains the countless caves.
Here we will visit:
- Grotta della Stalla, ancient shelter for fishermen;
- Grotta dei Giganti, in which bones of a prehistoric elephant were found;
- Grotta delle Tre Porte, inside which there are 2 small caves, Tweety and Grotta del Bambino, very important because inside were found the bones of the skull of a child of the Neolithic age;
- Grotta del Fiume, bed of an ancient river of karst origin.
After visiting the last cave of the Ionic side the tip of Punta Ristola, the Tacco d'Italia, from where you can admire the marina of Leuca and Santa Maria di Leuca.
This is the starting point to reach Grotta del Fiume.
The price is per person
From April 1st to October 30th
Things to remember
Swimsuit , towel , hat and sunscreen
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- If some information is unclear write to email@example.com