Ostuni: guided tour of the Medieval Gardens
CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
The historic gardens in the shadow of the ancient city are part of the medieval Orti di Ostuni area which, starting from the Middle Ages, developed downstream from the historical center on the remains of an ancient Messapian village dating back to the 5th - 4th century BC. An agricultural area, once fundamental for the production of foodstuffs destined for the inhabitants of the "white city", today recovered from abandonment and enhanced with works of restoration of the ancient artifacts. Interesting, for example, the ancient system of canalization of rainwater coming from the adjacent urban area. With organic and biodynamic techniques, the productions of ancient horticultural varieties typical of the regional biodiversity are activated, and in 2014 they obtain the organic certification by the ICEA (Institute of Ethical and Environmental Certification). A place where on-farm biodiversity conservation is practiced through the adoption of organic farming techniques, to make new sensory experiences and also an opportunity to practice "ortho therapy".
The laboratory can be performed in two ways:
1. Visit and tasting: guided tour of the place and tasting * on site;
2. Visit, tasting * and harvesting of vegetables: in addition to the simple laboratory, you can also opt for the collection of typical vegetables where we will learn the techniques of cultivation, harvesting and conservation.
* Tasting: extra virgin olive oil, organic production, accompanied by homemade bread, samples of local products and a glass of wine of native vines.
The price is per person
All the year
min 2 max 50 participants
2 hours with tasting, 3 hours with tasting and harvest
Things to remember
Comfortable shoes, camera
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers