Horseback riding to discover devil's "jazzo"
CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP TO KNOW IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!
Within the Scoparella forest, consisting mostly of Roverella oaks, it stands the jazzo of the devil, one of the jewels of the rural architecture of the Murge: an enclosure for sheep and goats in common use in the territory of the Murgia and Gargano , built along the tracks and intended for the temporary shelter of sheep during the long journey of transhumance and divided by drywalls equipped, on the outer side, of the characteristic "Paralupi" drooping that prevented access to predatory animals able to climb.
Legend has it that in the silence of night, two shepherds with their flocks while found to stand in this place they heard the dogs barking, at least for half an hour, then subsided.
There was a knock at the door was a poor malandante who could not find the way.
They housed him doing sit around the fire, but soon realized that the man in rags had some furry hooves, the two shepherds took shelter under an iron crucifix, while the devil was gone in a flash.
After spending an unforgettable night, the two shepherds saw that all the animals were still alive, and from there was born the legend of the shepherd dogs were even able to cope with even the devil.
Level: Expert, average, no beginner
The price is per person. Min 4 people at a time
All year. Night outings only during the summer months
Near Castel del Monte
Clothing, boots, helmet
transfer service by car / minibus
Dinners / lunches
Possibility of transfers to and from port and / or Bari or Brindisi airport by car / minibus on demand
50% to 4 days from the date booked
100% within three days of the date booked
Local operator details
Quick order without registration. You can continue with the purchase without creating an account.
In the email confirmation of booking and executed the payment, we will send you by e-mail the voucher and complete information on the operator, including telephone numbers.
Before performing payment, always tell us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at 333.5993937, the date you want to book to check availability.
How to book
- Before booking, always ask us the date you want to book to check availability, filling out the form that you find in every excursion or call us at 333.5993937
- Confirmed the date, click on book and buy (no need to register and create an account)
- Completed the payment, we will send by e-mail the voucher and complete information on local operator, including telephone numbers
- In addition to the price indicated there are no additional costs. All services included and not included are shown in the description of the activity.
- Unless otherwise specified in the cancellation costs stated in the description of the activity, you can cancel your reservation up to 4 days before the date of the tour booked, free of charge.